- School’s Out!
Now, Get Back to work!
Emma wrapped up her final exams this past Wednesday. She finished the year very strong with her lowest grade an ‘A-‘.
As her Dad, I cannot tell you how stressful this year was for her and for us. There were many evenings of studying instead of doing something ...
- New Glasses Out of the 5 of us, 3 of us have glasses. Our youngest, Lauryn, and middle daughter, Emma both have great eyesight – until recently. Lauryn has been complaining about not being able to see the board at school. She also sometimes has headaches. We were on our way to the eye doctor for Leah ...
- Hey Emma! Will Return Emma is busy studying hard to finish the year strong. Consequently, that means no Hey Emma! episodes for another week or so. We’ll get them out as soon as we can.
- Hey Emma! Valentine’s Day
The history of Valentine’s Day is full of love and death. We seem to romanticize this holiday but its origins are both romantic and tragic. It’s not all that different from today’s teenage girl and romance. We all hope and pray it doesn’t end tragically, but it certainly can be full of angst.
- Tourette’s Or Not Tourette’s How does our own Hey Emma! deal with Tourettes on a daily basis?
- Friends Come and Friends Go
Hanging with your friends is a great way to develop lifelong friendships.
It’s sad when you lose a friend. Soemtimes they move away. Sometimes their interests change. Sometimes the friendship just fades away.
Regardless of the reasons, it is a tough thing for a teenager to lose a friend. When your friendship is ...
- Connect With Your Kids Connect with your kids. An ongoing series to help bridge the digital divide with your teen.
- Hey Emma! – School Dances
Can you believe it? It seems the school year just started and we are already preparing for the Homecoming Dance. Emma is very excited as you hear in her voice during the latest podcast episode of “Hey Emma”. She barely takes a breath during the entire episode.
Tune in to hear her plans for herself, her ...
- Hey Emma! Family Vacations
We recently had an opportunity to take a family vacation that wasn’t planned far in advance. It was an opportunity that had come up and we jumped at the chance to go. Well, most of jumped. One of us was more than reluctant and, at one point, flat out refused to go. What made things ...
- Just released: STEM with Lauryn
Lauryn has been a fan of all things STEM since she was quite little. The 9-year old has been building Lego, experimenting with household items and designing a variety of useful items.
She just uploaded her newest endeavor. Her YouTube channel is called “Stem with Lauryn” and her 1st episode was just posted.
Check it out to ...